Tuesday 16 April 2013

To Conclude.

   My blog was designed to portray the difference between wealth distribution throughout the capital city of Port-of-Spain, Trinidad. This blog described a range of activities that the distribution of wealth affected. These activities included Public services such as hospitals, public spaces , green spaces and of course buildings and structures; both private and public. 
   I commented on three blogs that I believed were linked to my blog. I commented on Ryan Proverbs blog called Urban Spaces: Change and process. In his blog he discusses the importance of green spaces in urban areas. This can be linked to my blog where I discuss the importance of maintaining our green spaces such as parks for the benefit of the community. I also commented on Diary of the Urban by Annila Lutchmesingh. In her blog she discussed the changes from new buildings being built. There is therefore an increase in the the number of abandoned buildings. This linked directly to the fact that wealth can be removed from one area to another which leads to an increase in abandoned buildings. Hall and Barrett described this as a cycle that can continue as long as there is an area of improvement. Lastly I commented on Francis Arzu's Blog entitled Urban Lifestyles.
    Overall the distribution of wealth in any community can lead to both disadvantages and advantages. These advantages are usually meant for those of a higher class whereas the lower class usually gets the disadvantages of this type of distribution. Even though these issues are vitally important in urban areas, there are some spaces that continue to remain neutral such as the Queen's Park Savannah or the National Library.
  I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and also that you found it informative. It was created in order to keep you thinking about the urban world we currently live in and I hope I have achieved that goal. Always remember that change can be both beneficial and destructive. But in order to encourage change there must be an opposite effect occurring simultaneously. Let's try not to make this urban change to unfair but to help both those of the lower-class as well.
The view from Laventille. It shows Central Trinidad, Port-of-Spain, San Juan and so on.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful view from Laventille. I hope we can work towards showcasing beauty in Laventille.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete